AISDA is an international award-winning local NGO with deep roots in Afar regional state with its head quarter in Addis Ababa. The organization has an excellent working relationship and reputation with donors, local government partners and different stakeholders. Key donors of the organization include USAID, Norway Development Fund, Save the Children International, OXFAM GB, SK Foundation of the Netherlands, The Pharo Foundation UK, The Stars Foundation UK, The Global Giving UK, CARE Ethiopia, and Grief Packaging Charitable Trust. The main program interventions of AISDA are Health and Nutrition (with a special emphasis on Maternal and Child Heath & FGM), Livelihood, Climate Change Adaptation & Natural resources conservation, Livestock Health and development, WASH and Water development, Humanitarian and disaster responses, as well as disaster preparedness and response.
AISDA envisions better livelihoods of pastoral, agro pastoral, and other rural and urban poor communities in Ethiopia.
To help bring positive changes in the lives and livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities of Ethiopia overcome poverty and live with dignity through supporting programs of:
- Health and Nutrition
- Livestock development and crop production
- IGA and Livelihood Resilience
- Water resource development and WaSH
- Humanitarian response and Recovery
- Research Development and dissemination .
- Equal opportunity
- Transparency and accountability
- Environmental friendly, sustainable and replicable projects
- Collaboration and networking